CHICKEN WITH RED PEPPERS AND TOMATOES
Traditionally this is a summer dish; it's one of the wonderful ways to use the abundance of red and yellow peppers from the garden. It happens to be great just about anytime of the year...warm & hearty, it falls squarely into the great comfort food category.
- 75 milliliters Extra virgin olive oil
- 1 kilogram Chicken pieces about 12 pieces, skinned
- 1 Large onion diced
- 3 tablespoons garlic cloves minced
- 2 Red or yellow peppers cut into 1-inch pieces
- 400 grams Peeled tomatoes chopped
- 235 milliliters Dry white wine
- 2 tablespoons Fresh Italian parsley minced, 2 tablespoons
- Salt and pepper to taste
Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
Cook chicken until golden brown, without overcrowding the skillet.
Transfer to a platter.
Add onion and garlic to the skillet and sauté until onion is soft, scraping up browned bits (about 4 minutes).
Add the red peppers, tomatoes, and wine.
Return the chicken to the skillet, cover and simmer over medium-low heat until the peppers are tender, the chicken cooked through and the sauce is reduced.
Add the chopped parsley, season with salt and pepper and serve.